PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Respecting the provisions of current legislation, the COORDINADORA CATALANA D’ENTITATAS BUDISTES, hereinafter CCEB, organizer of the first BUDDHIST FILM FESTIVAL OF CATALONIA, undertakes to adopt the necessary technical and organizational measures, according to the level of security appropriate to the risk of the data collected.
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free circulation of such data (GDPR).
- The Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on the Protection of Personal Data and guarantee of digital rights.
- Royal Decree 1720/2007, of December 21, which approves the Regulations for the development of Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data (RDLOPD).
- Law 34/2002, of July 11, 2002, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE).
Identity of the person responsible for the processing of personal data
The person responsible for the processing of personal data collected in the CCEB, (hereinafter File Manager) COORDINADORA CATALANA D’ENTITATS BUDISTES provided with CIF: G64620610 and whose contact details are:
Address: Passatge Camil Oliveres, 4, 08024 Barcelona.
Register of Personal Data
The personal data collected by CCEB through the forms provided on its pages will be included in an automated file under the responsibility of the Data Controller, and duly declared and registered in the General Register of the Data Protection Agency, which can be consulted on the website of the Spanish Data Protection Agency (http://www.agpd.es), in order to facilitate, expedite and fulfil the commitments established between CCEB and the User or the maintenance of the relationship established in the forms filled in by the User, or to respond to a request or query from the User.
Principles applicable to the processing of personal data
The processing of the User’s personal data shall be subject to the following principles set out in Article 5 of the GDPR:
- Principle of legality, fairness and transparency: the consent of the User will be required at all times after fully transparent information of the purposes for which the personal data are collected.
- Purpose limitation principle: personal data will be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Principle of data minimization: the personal data collected will be only those strictly necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Accuracy principle: personal data must be accurate and always up to date.
- Principle of limitation of the storage period: personal data shall only be kept in such a way as to allow the identification of the User for the time necessary for the purposes of their processing.
- Principle of integrity and confidentiality: personal data will be processed in such a way as to ensure their security and confidentiality.
- Principle of proactive responsibility: the Data Controller shall be responsible for ensuring that the above principles are observed
Categories of personal data
The categories of data processed by CCEB are solely identification data. In no case are special categories of personal data processed within the scope of Article 9 of the GDPR.
Legal basis for processing personal data
The legal basis for processing personal data is consent. CCEB is committed to obtain the express and verifiable consent of the User to the processing of his/her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
The User shall have the right to withdraw his/her consent at any time. It will be as easy to withdraw consent as to give it. As a general rule, the withdrawal of consent shall not condition the use of the Website.
In the occasions in which the User must or may provide his data through forms to make inquiries, request information or for reasons related to the content of the Website, he will be informed in case the completion of any of them is mandatory because they are essential for the proper development of the operation performed.
Purposes of the processing for which the personal data is used
Personal data is collected and managed by CCEB in order to facilitate, expedite and fulfil the commitments established between the Website and the User or to maintain the relationship established in the forms filled in by the latter or to respond to a request or query.
Likewise, the data may be used for commercial purposes of personalization, operational and statistical analysis, and activities related to CCEB’s corporate purpose, as well as for data extraction, storage and marketing studies to adapt the Content offered to the User, as well as to improve the quality, operation and navigation of the Website.
At the time the personal data is obtained, the User will be informed about the specific purpose or purposes of the processing for which the personal data will be used; that is, the use or uses that will be given to the information collected.
Retention periods of personal data
Personal data will only be retained for the minimum time necessary for the purposes of its processing, or until the User requests its deletion.
At the time the personal data is obtained, the User will be informed of the period for which the personal data will be retained or, where this is not possible, the criteria used to determine this period.
Recipients of personal data
The User’s personal data will be shared with the following recipients or categories of recipients:
Full name or company name and full address of the person(s) or company(ies) with whom the personal data collected from Users will be shared.
In the event that the Controller intends to transfer personal data to a third country or international organization, at the time the personal data is obtained, the User will be informed about the third country or international organization to which the data is intended to be transferred, as well as the existence or absence of a Commission adequacy decision.
Personal data of minors
Respecting the provisions of articles 8 of the RGPD and 13 of the RDLOPD, only those over 14 years of age may give their consent for the processing of their personal data in a lawful manner by CCEB. If the person is under 14 years of age, the consent of the parents or guardians will be required for the processing, and this will only be considered lawful to the extent that they have authorized it.
Confidentiality and security of personal data
CCEB undertakes to adopt the necessary technical and organizational measures, according to the level of security appropriate to the risk of the data collected, so as to ensure the security of personal data and prevent the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration of personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed, or the unauthorized communication of or access to such data.
However, because CCEB cannot guarantee the invulnerability of the Internet or the total absence of hackers or others gaining fraudulent access to personal data, the Data Controller undertakes to notify the User without undue delay when a breach of security of personal data occurs that is likely to involve a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons. Following the provisions of Article 4 of the GDPR, a breach of security of personal data means any breach of security resulting in the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration of personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed, or the unauthorized communication of or access to such data.
Personal data will be treated as confidential by the Data Controller, who undertakes to inform and to ensure by means of a legal or contractual obligation that such confidentiality is respected by its employees, associates, and any person to whom it makes the information accessible.
Rights deriving from the processing of personal data
The User has the following rights recognized in the RGPD over CCEB and may, therefore, exercise them against the Data Controller:
- Right of access: this is the User’s right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not CCEB is processing his/her personal data and, if so, to obtain information about his/her specific personal data and the processing that CCEBs has carried out or is carrying out, as well as, among other things, the information available on the origin of such data and the recipients of the communications made or planned for such data.
- Right of modification: This is the User’s right to have his or her personal data that proves to be inaccurate or, taking into account the purposes of the processing, incomplete, amended.
- Right of deletion (“the right to be forgotten”): This is the User’s right, provided that the legislation in force does not provide otherwise, to obtain the deletion of his/her personal data when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed; the User has withdrawn his/her consent to the processing and the processing has no other legal basis; the User objects to the processing and there is no other legitimate reason to continue the processing; the personal data have been processed unlawfully; the personal data must be deleted in compliance with a legal obligation; or the personal data have been obtained as a result of a direct offer of information society services to a minor under 14 years of age. In addition to deleting the data, the Controller, taking into account the technology available and the cost of its implementation, shall take reasonable steps to inform controllers who are processing the personal data of the data subject’s request for the deletion of any link to such personal data.
- Right to limitation of processing: This is the User’s right to limit the processing of his/her personal data. The User has the right to obtain the limitation of the processing when he/she contests the accuracy of his/her personal data; the processing is unlawful; the Controller no longer needs the personal data, but the User needs it to make claims; and when the User has objected to the processing.
- Right to data portability: Where processing is carried out by automated means, the User shall have the right to receive from the Controller his or her personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit it to another Controller. Whenever technically possible, the Data Controller shall transmit the data directly to such other controller.
- Right to object: This is the User’s right not to have his or her personal data processed or to have the processing of such data by CCEB cease.
- Right to data portability: In case the processing is carried out by automated means, the User shall have the right to receive from the Data Controller his/her personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit it to another Data Controller. Whenever technically possible, the Data Controller shall transmit the data directly to such other controller.
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling: This is the User’s right not to be subject to an individualized decision based solely on automated processing of his or her personal data, including profiling, unless otherwise provided for in the legislation in force.
Thus, the User may exercise their rights by written communication addressed to the Data Controller with the reference RGPD-la CCEB specifying:
– Name, surname of the User and copy of the ID card. In cases where representation is admitted, it will also be necessary the identification by the same means of the person representing the User, as well as the document proving the representation. The photocopy of the DNI may be substituted by any other means valid in law that proves the identity.
- Request with the specific reasons for the request or information to be accessed.
- Address for notification purposes.
- Date and signature of the applicant.
- Any document that accredits the request being made.
This request and any other attached documents may be sent to the following address and/or e-mail address:
Passatge Camil Oliveres, 4, 08024 Barcelona.
Links to third party websites
The Website may include hyperlinks or links that allow access to websites of third parties other than CCEB and which, therefore, are not operated by CCEB. The owners of such websites shall have their own data protection policies, being themselves, in each case, responsible for their own files and their own privacy practices.
Claims before the supervisory authority
In the event that the User considers that there is a problem or infringement of the regulations in force in the way in which his/her personal data is being processed, he/she shall have the right to effective judicial protection and to file a complaint before a supervisory authority, in particular, in the State in which he/she has his/her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. In the case of Spain, the supervisory authority is the Spanish Data Protection Agency (http://www.agpd.es).
Passatge Camil Oliveres, 4, 08024 Barcelona